Shocking! Mosquito bite leaves 13-year-old girl with leg so badly swollen it now weighs two stone


A young woman was horrified after a mosquito bite left her with a leg so badly swollen it ended up weighing two stone.
Angharad Willaims' ankle began to balloon after she was bitten by the insect when she was just 13 years old.

Two years later doctors diagnosed Angharad, from Newport, South Wales, with lymphoedema - an incurable condition that causes swelling in the body's tissues, normally affecting the lower limbs.

Now 25, Angharad's affected leg is double the size of the other one and weighs a huge 12kg.
Some mosquitoes carry a parasite that can block the fluid from draining within the lymphatic system - something doctors believe happened to Angharad. But the full-time PE teacher has not allowed it to hold her back.


Participating in triathalons, swimming competitions and hiking expeditions, Angharad is living life to the full and sharing her story to raise awareness.


Culled from mirror.co.uk
Shocking! Mosquito bite leaves 13-year-old girl with leg so badly swollen it now weighs two stone Shocking! Mosquito bite leaves 13-year-old girl with leg so badly swollen it now weighs two stone Reviewed by Angel M on 06:14 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for visiting. We love to hear your opinion, please leave a comment.



Powered by Blogger.